DANTE's involvement in the provision of security services evolved between 1996 and mid-1998 from piloting a pilot EuroCERT service (in partnership with UKERNA) to the launch of in-house security services to its own customers under the name DANCERT.
- December 1996: TERENA awards DANTE and UKERNA partnership one-year contract for the set-up of a pilot European Security Incident Response Coordination Service.
- October 1996: DANTE becomes FIRST liaison member.
- May 1997: start of the EuroCERT pilot.
- January 1998: TERENA accepts proposal by UKERNA for the provision of an incident co-ordination service, to start in May 1998.
- May 1998: pilot EuroCERT ends, EuroCERT service by UKERNA starts.
- June 1998: DANTE establishes DANCERT for its own customers.
- September 1999: End ofEuroCERT.
|Documents||28th February 2001|
Security developments as reported in TWoD (23 kB)
30th March 2001
Tackling Network DoS on Transit Networks (77 kB)
David Harmelin, March 2001